Saturday, June 9, 2007

Parting ways, and a wolf.

So, a big aside, I'm no longer working for Dirty Dog, but I am in timid pursuit of a position at Taurus Training, which would be an amazing oppurtunity for my life to have if I end up in that bright and exciting place. I would be working for dogs and their people in a cooperative effort instead of 'serving and observing' customers. I'm lending extreme hope to the possibility of this happening, because it would make me the most excited I've ever been about a job since...well, Dirty Dog.

Even though I've dropped the doggy locale for now, I'm still attempting to continue this 'Dog Photog' effort. I've been doing it tentatively, and even halfheartedly at times, simply because I've been surprisingly busy with life, and work. When I do get the chance to take pictures of a person's pride and joy, I feel a purpose. I feel like I'm providing examples of love, examples of beauty and bonds in the creature companion the people I meet have invested their love and care into. It's nice, I wish I was available to do it full-time, with a studio, in a greater capacity. Maybe someday.

For now, I have some snippets of something exciting: A timber wolf! Denali visited DD a little more than a week ago, when I was still in employ. Sadly, his owner didn't leave an email address, so it looks like these pictures will have to be enjoyed by whomever chances upon them here, as he listed residence in Georgetown (and partially Colorado, to visit a wolf-rehab/rescue organization -- he even had a cap advertising it!) so I have next to no way of contacting him. He did own and care for a magnificent creature, and I hope I was able to convey Denali's sweet and impressive nature through my photos of him:






He was an extremely sweet dog, and I was quite pleased to be able to pet him for awhile and talk to his owner about the experience of owning such an intelligent and raw-minded animal. I hope I see him around sometime, not just for dog services, but to play and play and see glints of fierce and wild in his every step and glance.

No comments: